In this post, we shall discuss how nuts can help you lose weight. Have you ever noticed that in any diet, a portion always includes nuts. Well, they’re extremely important for our body and whether you want to lose weight or not, you must consume them daily. There are several kinds of nuts and each of them contain tons of vitamins and minerals. Before we begin to discuss how nuts can help you shed weight, we just want to clear the air that a lot of myths say that eating nuts can cause weight gain or too much heat in the body, this is absolutely wrong! Now that this is out of the way, let’s talk more about getting fit:
1. Nuts are packed with fats: Yes, nuts contain fats and calories, but the good kind. They protect our heart and keep the good cholesterol levels optimum. A salad alone with vegetables cannot fill your stomach or give you the right number of calories or nutrition your body needs, and that’s why walnuts, peanuts and several other nuts are a favorite in many salads. Several vegan meals are based with nuts and they’re delicious as well as great for your body. These are the fats your body requires for its normal functioning. So never refrain from eating nuts, just control the amount you eat!
2. Nuts promote Weight Loss: Several studies have shown that eating nuts is associated with weight loss. Most nuts like walnuts, almonds, pistachios and cashews have good amount of protein, vitamins, saturated fats that keep your weight in check. They also boost metabolism and help body burn calories more effectively.
3. They make you feel full for longer: Whenever you feel hunger pangs, pick up some almonds, cashews, walnuts or any dry fruit of your choice to eat. Just a few walnuts or almonds can make you full and keep you feeling that way for longer. It is better than opting for unhealthy options and also planning what to make to eat between your meals. It is great to have nuts when you’re extremely hungry. A tip that I follow is that whenever I travel by flight or have a long road journey, I keep a mix of nuts in my bag. It has helped me a lot through the years and trust me on this because I travel every other day.
4. High in fiber: Some nuts are high in fiber which means they’re great for your bowel system. You will not have constipation or excessive bloating if you are consuming nuts on a regular basis. Fiber is extremely important for the system which is another great reason to eat them. Whenever you diet, you’ve heard of having high fiber foods like apples. Add some nuts too and see the wonders it does to your body.
5. They are superfoods: Indians always stock up on nuts, it’s a staple for most of us. We add them in food, in sweets, in milk and so much more. There’s a reason why your mother forces you to eat nuts every day. It is not only beneficial for weight loss but makes your entire system healthy. From your internal organs to your skin to your hair and everything else. You will notice the difference in about a month, your hair will become strong and shiny and your skin will glow.
A few things to remember: It is best to add nuts in salads for that crunch factor or just eat them as they are. If you live in hot weather, it is advisable to soak them overnight in room temperature water and then eat consume them. For those living in cold weather can directly consume them but in moderation. A small portion of every food is good for your body! In the winter, you can make some healthy sweets at home with a combination jaggery, ghee and nuts to enjoy the benefits of weight loss.
Best Nuts to Consume to Lose Weight:
- Brazil nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds.
- Pine nuts
So, what are you waiting for? Start eating nuts right away and get rid of those extra pounds!